Posted on August 25, 2015.
The U. S. Army War College Library has an opening for a GS-11 Librarian who will “perform as a senior public service librarian, providing comprehensive reference, research, advisory, and instructional services in support of the mission-related requirements of the U.S. Army War College and Department of Defense military and civilian personnel at all policy and decision levels, and other authorized users; serve primarily senior military officers, researchers and scholars.”
The open period is until September 8, 2015. For the announcement go to: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/413775700
Posted in Careers
Posted on August 24, 2015.
The University of Delaware Library seeks a creative, enthusiastic professional for the position of First Year Experience and Student Success Librarian to help to support students’ acquisition of critical lifelong learning skills.
• Lead a team of librarians who provide course-integrated library instruction for students enrolled in English 110, First Year Experience classes, and other undergraduate research and writing classes
• Instructional design of class materials for first year students including but not limited to online guides, tutorials, games, or quizzes
• Coordinate, develop, and assist with outreach events that increase student engagement with the library, such as library orientations and tours
• Work with the UDLib/SEARCH program to help bridge the gap in research skills between high school and the first year at the University
• Assist with assessment, outreach and marketing, and online learning initiatives
• Provide research assistance in person and online, including some evening and weekend hours
• Actively engage in professional development and other scholarly activities
• Stay abreast of best practices in teaching information literacy skills; model innovation in this area and collaborate with the Assistant Head of Instructional Services.
Click here to apply for the position.
Posted in Careers, Students
Posted on June 26, 2015.
The subject position is open to all Federal Employees (and Transfer, Reinstatement Eligibles, 30% Disabled Veterans, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) and other individuals eligible under special appointment authorities), via USAJobs at
This announcement opens today Thursday, 25 June 2015 and closes Wednesday, 8 July 2015. For questions, please contact the servicing HR Specialist listed
on the vacancy announcement.
Posted in Careers