The Congressional Research Service (CRS) has produced some reports related to the potential government shutdown and the looming budget debt ceiling conversations.
- Government Shutdown: Operations of the Department of Defense During a Lapse in Appropriations: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/R41745.pdf
- Shutdown of the Federal Government: Causes, Processes, and Effects: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34680.pdf
- The Debt Limit: History and Recent Increases: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL31967.pdf
- Federal Funding Gaps: A Brief Overview: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS20348.pdf
- Reaching the Debt Limit: Background and Potential Effects on Government Operations: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41633.pdf