SLA Maryland Chapter presents…
Fall 2013 Job Search Workshop
How to Find Internships and Practice your Interviewing Skills
Saturday, October 12, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM at the Universities at Shady Grove < http://www.shadygrove.umd.edu/about/visit/directions > , Rockville, Maryland
Registration limited to 35… don’t delay! Register now: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/slamdworkshop
Jumpstart your career and join SLA-Maryland at the Universities at Shady Grove for an exciting morning where you will learn to find and apply for internships. Hear about a variety of great internship opportunities… and how to land the right one for you!
Whether it is an internship or a job, you need to ace that interview. Get tips on how to best present yourself, practice interviewing, and get feedback on your interviewing skills. This experience will help you now and throughout your career!
• The SLA Mentor Program and University of Maryland iSchool Field Study Database
• Opportunities ranging from internships, practicums, independent study and field study projects for credit, to virtual internships, fellowships, and more!
• Learn the importance of finding the right match
• Get tips for structuring the experience for maximum benefit (to your resume!)
• Hear from current students and recent grads about their experiences
• Practice interviewing and get immediate feedback
In addition to students and recent grads, this workshop will also appeal to people working at organizations that sponsor (or would like to sponsor!) internships… you’ll learn about great ways to get the word out about opportunities your organization offers.
Don’t miss this great workshop. It will help you get your career rolling in the right direction.
Registration is limited to 35, so don’t wait. Register now! http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/slamdworkshop
$20 for students and unemployed
$25 for SLA members
$30 for non-SLA members