The report was published today by OCLC. (spotted by Amy Tursky)
A video featuring a conversation between OCLC CEO Skip Prichard and Cathy De Rosa, OCLC Vice President for the Americas and Global Vice President of Marketing, was also released today and embedded below.
The study aims to provide librarians with important information about the trends and triggers that are reshaping education—and the opportunities and challenges this shift brings to libraries.
The report explores:
- Habits and perceptions of online learners
- Expectations for the future of online learning
- Top-of-mind perceptions of a college education
- Factors influencing the college choice
- Library use by online learners—on campus and online
- MOOCs—a massively interesting case study on the future of education
- The library brand
- Implications and opportunities for academic and public libraries