Colleagues, The Military Libraries Division provides an opportunity for members and guests to visit with SLA 2015 Board Candidates at our two Networking Breakfasts, Monday, Jun 9 7:30 – 9 a.m. & Tuesday, Jun 10 – 7:30 – 9 a.m. during the SLA Annual Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Students are especially invited to attend…..after all it is a FREE Breakfast!
Exact room location in the Conference Center TBD.
SLA Announces Candidates for 2015 Board of Directors
The Special Libraries Association’s Nominating Committee has identified 10 candidates to stand for election to 5 positions on the 2015 SLA Board of Directors. The candidates will serve three-year terms on the board if elected. The election will be held electronically in September 2014.
- Jim DelRosso, Cornell University Libraries, Ithaca, New York
- Tom Rink, Northeastern State University, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
For Chapter Cabinet Chair-Elect
- David Cappoli, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Kim Silk, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
For Division Cabinet Chair-Elect
- Ruth Kneale, National Solar Observatory, Tucson, Arizona
- Valerie Perry, University of Kentucky Libraries, Lexington, Kentucky
For Director (2 positions)
- Kevin Adams, Institute of Environmental Science & Research, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Dr. Saif Al-Jabari, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
- Elaine Lasda Bergman, State University of New York at Albany Libraries, Albany, New York
- Catherine Lavallée-Welch, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Library, La Crosse, Wisconsin
The Nominating Committee is responsible for soliciting candidates from SLA’s membership and compiling a group that has compelling talent supported by tangible accomplishments, is professionally diverse, and provides regionally balanced representation to the international association.
For more information about SLA’s governance practices and leadership, please visit the Board of Directors section of our Website.