From the ACRL_RIG listserv:
Clayton State University Library seeks an enthusiastic part-time evening reference librarian to provide innovative reference support and outreach services to Clayton State University faculty, staff, and students.
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge and familiarity of current trends in library technology, electronic resources, and information services. Part time librarians will primarily work evenings during the semester, (Monday-Thursday), and should have flexibility to work occasional day or weekend slots, during interim semester and as staffing is needed.
Required Education and Qualifications
• ALA accredited Master’s Degree in Library and/or Information Sciences or a Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology/Library Media prior to start date.
• Ability to work productively, both independently, and as a part of a team.
• Ability to pass a background check.
• Experience working with the public.
• Strong commitment to public service.
• Reference experience in an academic library or in a public library.
• Experience with preparation of reference guides and tools.
• Knowledge/course work of the trends in information literacy instruction.
• Knowledge of automated library systems.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Master’s Degree in Library and/or Information Sciences or a Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology/Library Media prior to start date.
• Provide reference and research assistance, face to face, electronically, and by phone.
• Staff the Information/Reference Desk and perform tasks including: check in/out of study rooms and technology equipment, answer basic computer assistance and general informational questions, and provide assistance with copier/print services.
• Supervise student assistants.
• Participate in collection development by evaluating and selecting materials.
• Collaborate with other library staff to promote awareness of library services and resources.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position requires frequent sitting, using hands and fingers for keyboarding, handling and feeling objects to control computer and print resources. This employee will need to be able to stand, walk, reach, climb and maintain balance. Employee needs to be able to move or lift up to ten pounds.
Dr. Gordon N. Baker
2013-2014 SELA President
Dean of Libraries
Clayton State University
2000 Clayton State Blvd.
Morrow, GA 30260