Posted on April 6, 2016.
Missed the webinar? Catch up with the presentation slides and recording (wmv format) or for Mac users, recording (mov format).
Full information about the event.
Originally posted on SLA/IT blog.
Posted in Web/Tech
Posted on August 12, 2015.
Federal agency and department presence on social media varies widely—some have multiple accounts on various platforms while others have just a page or two that is updated infrequently. I wanted to find out what makes some sites more useful than others, so I set out to look at as many federal social media pages as… Read more »
Full Story: Top Takeaways From Some of the Best Fed Facebook Pages – GovLoop
Cutting to the core of the article, here are the 6 key takeaways:
- “Be visual with what you share, but also find fun ways to tell your audience about how the work in your department or agency gets done. Who are the people behind the curtain?”
- “Really consider who your audience is and target your posts to them.”
- ” When you deal with difficult-to-understand or explain topics, find a way to break down the information for the general public.”
- “If you offer services, use some of your page to help the public easily gain access to those services, and be ready to answer questions about them.”
- “Be prepared to respond to as many of the (legitimate) questions or comments you receive.”
- “You can use your Facebook page to inform about all of the things that you do or offer. Don’t be pigeonholed by what your audience thinks are the only things that you do. Expand their knowledge and share your awesomeness!”
My own take (Bill Drew) on this is that libraries are good at this type of thing and need to extend it to the social side of their presence in the cyber environment. Why would you do otherwise?
Source: New Tech for Federal Libraries
Posted in NewTech4FedLib, Web/Tech
Posted on June 29, 2015.
The Facebook Page for DMIL is now active again. You can find it at DMIL Facebook . Please tell all of your military library peers and friends about this.
Posted in Current Events, slider